Gerösteten Tee (Hojicha) selber machen

Am 9.12.2021 um 21:49 schrieb teewelt:

Das einzige, was ich in der Richtung mal versucht habe, war selber rösten - also eigenen Hōjicha herstellen.

Bei kreativem Tatendrang ist diese Empfehlung von teewelt sehr gut! 👍

Entweder die japanische Weise, von der teewelt schrieb, bei der gerne alt gewordener Grüntee in solchen "hojiki", "houjiki" oder "houroku" Röstkännchen geröstet wird (Bezugsquelle 1, 2, 3).

houjiki.jpg

Dazu zitiere ich Artisticnippon:

Zitat

You can never get enough of a good thing... or that's what I thought until my tea collection began to get out of hand! All the fresh tea that I had so enthusiastically bought got pushed further and further to the back of the cupboard as newer supplies arrived. I just could not bring myself to throw away the old tea, even though the aroma had almost completely disappeared.

If you have the same problem, you could try roasting the old tea to produce your original houjicha.
You can use your own heat-resistant pot or try this specially designed pot from Tokoname (Houjiki).Place the tea leaves in the pot and heat over a low flame. As the leaves begin to move, toss them gently using an up-down movement. Slowly but surely the old tea leaves will change color and give off a deep, rich aroma. Leave to cool naturally and then brew.

... oder mehr die taiwanesische / chinesische Röstweise, die ich schon ausführlich gemacht habe (mlc hat mir dafür mal eine taiwanesische Röstmaschine ausgeliehen, Bezugsquelle für eine ähnliche: 1, 2 - man kann es jedoch auch gut mal im Backofen ausprobieren, aber nicht zu heiss, würde so um die 100° empfehlen, dafür länger).

Edited by miig
  • miig changed the title to Gerösteten Tee (Hojicha) selber machen